People with disabilities can make friends in lots of different places such as:
- Local dance classes, sports teams, art or photography classes, and martial arts classes.
- City or county activities and sports teams
- School teams and activities such as yearbook club or the swim team.
- Recreation programs that help people with disabilities make friends, such as Friends’ Club at some schools and Unified Sports (part of Special Olympics).
- Activities and events for people with disabilities, such as Special Olympics.
The Kentucky Checklists for a Bright Future offer a one page checklist of the most important things parents and youth ...Read More
iBelong [link] Website from Canada with videos and information sheets on how to make friends ...Read More
National Best Buddies [link] Helps people with disabilities find friends, find jobs, and become leaders. National Phone: 305-374-2233 National Email: Info@BestBuddies.org University ...Read More
Special Olympics [link] Offers games and sports for people with disabilities and also offers Unified Sports for all people. Phone: ...Read More
HDI Recreation Resource Guide [link] A book about recreation activities that include people with disabilities in Kentucky ...Read More
Kentucky Peer Buddies [link] Helps students support each other at school. Phone: 859-257-5016 ...Read More
Kentucky Peer Support Network Project [link] Creates groups of friends in classrooms. Phone: 859-218-1338 (Patti Logsdon) ...Read More