This video covers how youth with disabilities can work and keep their benefits. Created by Jeff White and Carolyn Wheeler.
Helpful links from video above:
- Social Security Website
- SSA SSI Handbook: Everyone applying for SSI should read this!!
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits: Information to schedule an appointment and more!
- The Truth About Working and Receiving SSI Infographic
- What You Need to Know About Your Supplemental Security Income (SSI) When You Turn 18 (PDF)
- Working While Disabled — How We Can Help, 2021 – Social Security document (PDF)
- Kentucky Goodwill WIPA
- Center for Accessible Living WIPA
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
State-by-State WIPA Finder: Counselors to help you understand how work and benefits fit together.
- Kentucky STABLE
- Find the ABLE program for your state at the ABLE National Resource Center
More helpful resources:
- Disability Benefits 101: Working with a Disability in Kentucky
- Adjustments to SSI payments-2021
- Benefits Planner: Disability
- Representative Payee Information
- Accessible Sample Rental Agreement
- SSA Disability Benefits Handbook
- KentuckyWorks Benefits Module
- KentuckyWorks Student Earned Income Exclusion Infographic